1. Make an appointment by ringing 03 9364 0350
(if you are a new client, make sure you have your Tax File Number handy.)
2. Prepare for your appointment
a. Summarise all your taxable income and make sure you have all documents required such as Payment Summaries. For "income you must declare" go to ato.gov.au
b. Summarise all your deductions and make sure you have all required substantiation documents such as receipts, log books, employer letters, etc.
3. For "deductions for individuals" and "records you must keep" go to ato.gov.au
4. Bring all the details outlined above to your tax return appointment.
5. Make sure you also bring:
a. Your bank account details so your refund can be deposited directly into your account
b. Your private health insurance details. (Your fund will issue a statement early in July).
c. Your spouse's taxable income, etc.